Please note the Museum will not be offering tours until the Middlesex-London region is safely out of the Grey and Red zones, in compliance with Ontario’s protective measures. Stay tuned for more information on our pre-booked tours as circumstances change!
The Museum of Ontario Archaeology welcomes you back for guided tours of our galleries and the Lawson archaeological site. For the health and safety of our visitors, collections, volunteers, and staff, you will find some changes.
We actively monitor the COVID-19 situation in the Middlesex-London community, and these services may change at any time. Currently, the MOA:
- Is open by appointment only, with a limited capacity of 5 visitors per group, to allow for physical distancing;
- Surfaces and contact points are cleaned regularly, as well as before and after each visit;
- Interactive exhibits and elements are removed or covered;
- Washrooms are restricted to visitors only. They are regularly disinfected, and open to one family at a time, with accessible washrooms and ramp by request;
- Hand Sanitizer and washrooms for hand washing are available to visitors in the Museum facilities;
- All Museum staff and volunteers wear face coverings;
- We are continuing online and remote programming to keep you engaged with Ontario’s archaeological heritage however and wherever you are comfortable doing so!
We Require Visitors to:
- Wear a face mask while on your tour and while indoors;
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from members outside of your party;
- Answer pre-screening questions honestly online, and prior to starting your visit;
- Follow safety guidelines so the Museum can stay open for everyone to enjoy;
- Be kind and patient with us and your fellow guests, we’re still learning!
How to Book Your Visit!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a time slot for your guided tour – we require at least 24 hours notice to make arrangements, so please book early. In your email please let us know the date and time slot you are interested in;
- Complete the pre-tour questionnaire to help us prepare for your visit;
- Pay contact-less admission ($15 per group flat rate) in advance of your visit;
- Enjoy the Guided Tour!
Tour Times and Dates!
Our time slots are available Tuesday to Sunday (availability may change based on available guides). Time slots start at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM respectively.