Find videos for all activities by clicking the buttonMOA Facebook Live Videos
Salt Dough pinch pots
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup water
Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough, adding water slowly a little bit at a time.
Once completed you can dry out your dough by leaving it in a warm place. This will take a few days. You can also bake your clay in a low oven 100’C for 212’F (this is also the temperature of most slow cookers low setting) for 2-3 hours.
These pinch pots can also be made with any clay, plasticine, play dough, etc. Depending on your material they may naturally dry, such as the clay (but do not bake in your oven), or not, such as the plasticine.
Organic material culture – Basket weaving
To join in and weave a basket with us you will need:
- The template sheet found at the attached link – print on cardstock if possible
- Yarn or string
To join in and decorate a pot with us you will need:
- A small non decorated terracotta pot
- Paint/paint brushes, markers, or other colouring materials that work with the chosen pot
- The example sheet of decoration styles found at the attached link (optional)
To join in and reconstructing pottery with us you will need:
- The pot we decorated on Tuesday (or if you don’t want to break it a new pot)
- A plastic bag and a hammer (an adult should do this part)
- white school glue and a paint brush
- Painters or masking tape
To join in and make you own underwater archaeologist with us you will need:
- The template sheet found at the attached link