COVID-19 Safety Plan
We actively monitor the COVID-19 situation in the Middlesex-London community and have developed a comprehensive safety plan to protect workers, volunteers and visitors at the Museum of Ontario Archaeology.
Measures We’re Taking
How we’re ensuring workers know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19:
- The museum has a designated Emergency Response Team responsible for monitoring all recent provincial and regional COVID-19 protocol.
- The Emergency Response Team has developed an internal document to guide on-site procedures during the pandemic: MOA COVID-19 Operational Guidelines
- The Emergency Response Team keeps the MOA COVID-19 Operational Guidelines up-to-date and communicates any recent changes with MOA staff and volunteers.
How we’re screening for COVID-19:
- All staff and volunteers complete and submit screening protocol before attending the museum.
- Staff do not attend the museum if they are exhibiting any symptoms and/or those symptoms have not been cleared with management.
- All staff are requested to download the Canada COVID Alert app onto their personal devices.
How we’re controlling the risk of transmission in our workplace
Physical distancing and separation
- All work-spaces are distanced by at least 2 meters.
- Spacing reminders are posted in choke-points and communal locations
- All communal workstations are cleaned at the end of each work session.
- All commonly-touched surfaces (such as door handles) are wiped down as a worker leaves each day.
- The facility is cleaned by professional cleaners at least 2x/week when the museum is operational.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all museum entrances.
- All staff are required to wear a mask.
- Signage posted throughout the museums reminds staff and visitors to keep their distance, wear a mask, and wash their hands regularly.
What we will do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 at our workplace:
- Staff are isolated, personal contacts are notified (if required), and staff are requested to leave the museum as soon as possible.
- Work stations and surfaces where the worker touched are disinfected.
How we’re managing any new risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate our business:
The Emergency Response Team updates staff regularly with any updates/revisions to procedures.
How we’re making sure our plan is working:
- The Executive Director checks in regularly with all staff.
- Staff are in daily communication and meet weekly by remote means.