Museum Events in London Ontario
- London Chapter Ontario Archaeology Society Meetings: Every 2nd Thursday of each month, 8 pm at the Museum Theater. Visit their website for further details.
- Purification Ceremonies: Every full moon. Hosted on the Lawson Site at the Museum, but independently organized. Contact the coordinator for details.
- Kids Activity Day: Corn Husk Workshop December 5, 2015 from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Make traditional corn husk dolls and tour the Museum. $5/child. Members are free. Registration required by email or phone.(Drop in between 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm, workshop activity takes approximately 20 minutes.)
- Flint Knapping Workshop July 9, 2015 from 12 pm – 4 pm. $20/person. Make an arrowhead or spear point using traditional and modern flint knapping tools and techniques. Register by phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360. Limited to 10 participants.
- Beaded Ring Workshop July 25, 2015 from 1 pm – 4 pm. Make your own beaded ring. Design a pattern for you or a friend! Faciliated by Oneida Artisan Dakota Ireland. $20/person or $35 for two. Register by phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360. Limited to 12 participants
- Wilfrid Jury Archaeology Day: July 11, 2015 10 am – 4 pm. Be an archaeologist for a day! Take part in demonstrations including simulated digging, flint knapping, archaeological flotation, cookie excavation, soapstone gorget making, and artifact identification. More details to come!
- Annual Native Harvest Festival & Pow Wow: September 19 & 20, 2015 from 10 am – 4 pm. Experience aboriginal dancing, drumming, traditional Pow Wow, kids activities, cultural food & crafts, hands-on workshops, and more!
- Doors Open London & London Culture Days: September 26 & 27, 2015 from 10 am – 4 pm. Many behind the scenes opportunities and special activities at sites around London.
- International Archaeology Day: October 17, 2015
- Youth Stratigraphy Workshop from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Learn about the layers of the soil and how they help archaeologists identify artifacts. $3/youth (ages 10-14; includes admission rate). Members are free. Registration required by email or phone.
- Moccasin Making Workshop: November 15, 2015 from 9:00-4:30. Ages: 14+ Recommended (Younger participants accompanied by an adult accepted.) Cost: Sizes 5-8: $70; Sizes 9+: $75 If you would like to learn more about the origin of moccasins check out our blog post!
* Register today to be a part of special Member’s Only events and workshops offered throughout the year. Click here for membership details.
Would you like to hear about new exhibitions and events?
Subscribe to our free Newsletter
Get the Palisade E-Post