Museum Events in London Ontario
2014 & 2015
- London Chapter Ontario Archaeology Society Meetings: Every 2nd Thursday of each month, 8 pm at the Museum Theatre. Visit their website for further details.
- Purification Ceremonies: Every full moon. Hosted on the Lawson Site at the Museum, but independently organized. Contact the coordinator for details.
- Winter Village Family Fun Day: Family Day Monday, February 16, 2015. Fun family winter activities from dog sledding*, snowsnake throwing, storytelling, kids craft, snowshoeing, and more! Stop by in the afternoon for artifact identification with a local archaeologist and visit our new exhibit: War of 1812 the Chippewa Experience.
*Dog sledding for kids under 12 years old. Tickets required and will be made available to the public in early February.
- Hand Drum Making Workshop: February 28 & March 7, 2015. Advanced registration required by phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360. Click here: Drum Workshop for details.
- Kids 1st Day: April 17, 2015. Join us for a free family day at the Museum. Kids crafts, demonstrations, and gallery tours. Organized by Investing in Children. Details TBD.
- Wilfrid Jury Archaeology Day: late July 2015. Be an archaeologist for a day! Take part in demonstrations including simulated digging, archaeological flotation, and artifact identification. Details TBD.
- Annual Native Harvest Festival & Pow Wow: September 19 & 20, 2015. Experience aboriginal dancing, drumming, traditional Pow Wow, kids activities, cultural food & crafts, hands-on workshops, and more!
- Doors Open London & London Culture Days: late September 2015. Many behind the scenes opportunities and special activities at sites around London.
* Register today to be a part of special Member’s Only events and workshops offered throughout the year. Click here for membership details.
Would you like to hear about new exhibitions and events?
Subscribe to our free Newsletter
Get the Palisade E-Post