Museum Events in London Ontario
- London Chapter Ontario Archaeology Society Meetings: Every 2nd Thursday of each month, 8 pm at the Museum Theatre. Visit their website for further details.
- Purification Ceremonies: Every full moon. Hosted on the Lawson Site at the Museum, but independently organized. Contact the coordinator for details.
- Kids Activity Day: Soapstone Gorget Workshop. March 28, 2015 from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm. Make soapstone gorget pendants, artifact handling and tour. * Supervision required if under the age of 10 years. $5/child. Members are free. Registration required by email or phone.(Drop in between 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm, workshop activity takes approximately 20 minutes.)
- Kids 1st Day: April 17, 2015. Join us for a free family day at the Museum. Kids crafts, demonstrations, and gallery tours. Organized by Investing in Children. Details TBD.
- Dream Catcher Workshop April 25, 2015 from 10:30 am – 11:30 am. Learn the legend of the dream catcher and weave your own 4″ dream catcher. Facilitated by Museum staff. $10/person. Ages 12+. Registration required by email or phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360.
- Moccasin Workshop May 9, 2015 from 9 am – 4:30 pm. Create traditional leather moccasins in this full day workshop lead by Six Nations artisan Marjorie Henhawk. Cost is $70 (mens sizes and larger ladies sizes are $5 extra). Age 14+, limit of 10 participants. Advanced registration with full payment required by phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360.
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL. If you would like to add your name to our contact list for future moccasin workshops, please give us a call!
- Flint Knapping Workshop May 16, 2015 from 12 pm – 4 pm. $20/person. Make an arrowhead or spear point using traditional and modern flint knapping tools and techniques. Register by phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360. Limited to 10 participants.
- Beaded Ring Workshop June 6, 2015 from 10 am – 1 pm. Make your own beaded ring. Design a pattern for you or a friend! Faciliated by Oneida Artisan Dakota Ireland. $30/person. Register by phoning the Museum at 519-473-1360. Limited to 12 participants
- Kids Activity Day: Wampum Belt Workshop. June 20, 2015 from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Learn about wampum belts and make a wampum bracelet with a friend or sibling. $5/child. Members are free. Registration required by email or phone. (Drop in between 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm, workshop activity takes approximately 20 minutes.)
- Summer Day Camp for kids age 5-9. June 29-September 4, 2015 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Camp registration and details on our Summer Day Camp page..
- “Dig It” Youth Archaeology Camp for ages 10-14. July 8-10 & August 12 – 14, 2015 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Learn about Canadian and World Archaeology while getting hands on experience with tools and methods of digging.
- Wilfrid Jury Archaeology Day: July 11, 2015 10 am – 4 pm. Be an archaeologist for a day! Take part in demonstrations including simulated digging, flint knapping, archaeological flotation, cookie excavation, soapstone gorget making, and artifact identification. More details to come!
- Annual Native Harvest Festival & Pow Wow: September 19 & 20, 2015 from 10 am – 4 pm. Experience aboriginal dancing, drumming, traditional Pow Wow, kids activities, cultural food & crafts, hands-on workshops, and more!
- Doors Open London & London Culture Days: September 26 & 27, 2015 from 10 am – 4 pm. Many behind the scenes opportunities and special activities at sites around London.
- International Archaeology Day: October 17, 2015 (time TBD)
- Adult Learning Session (details TBD)
- Kids Stratigraphy Workshop from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Learn about the layers of the soil and how they help archaeologists identify artifacts. $3/child (includes admission rate). Members are free. Registration required by email or phone.
- Kids Activity Day: Corn Husk Workshop December 5, 2015 from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Make traditional corn husk dolls and tour the Museum. $5/child. Members are free. Registration required by email or phone.(Drop in between 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm, workshop activity takes approximately 20 minutes.)
* Register today to be a part of special Member’s Only events and workshops offered throughout the year. Click here for membership details.
Would you like to hear about new exhibitions and events?
Subscribe to our free Newsletter
Get the Palisade E-Post