Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp in London, Ontario: Enjoy a summer filled with fun games and activities at the Museum of Ontario Archaeology!
We’re located in North London– near the intersection of Wonderland and Fanshawe Park Rd.
Camp runs Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. (Early drop off is 8:15, late pick up is no later than 4:45 pm).
2016 Camp Themes for Ages 5-9:
- Week 1: July 4-8: Canadian Celebrations and Traditions
Campers will explore various traditional celebrations from around Canada and its people. Example celebrations are Fur Trade Rendezvous, Medicine wheel traditions, Maritime dance, and Canada Day.
- Week 2: July 11-15: Raiders of the Lost Artifact THIS CAMP IS FULL
Explore the many types of artifacts people find here in Ontario and around the world. Friday will end the week with a big museum-wide artifact hunt.
- Week 3: July 18-22: Myths and Legends THIS CAMP IS FULL
Listen to and explore different myths and legends from around world. Each story will be accompanied by a game, craft, or activity.
- Week 4: July 25-29: Sports and Games Around the World THIS CAMP IS FULL
Play sports and games from around the world and throughout time. Some examples include Egyptian Senet, hopscotch, lacrosse, marbles, relays and distance running, bowling, etc. Campers will both make and play games.
- Week 5: August 2-5 (Short Week): Vikings! THIS CAMP IS FULL
Meet the Vikings! Find out how they lived and what their society was like; explore their means of travel and the archaeology of L’Anse aux Meadow, and other sites around Europe.
- Week 6: August 8-12: Exploring the Underwater World THIS CAMP IS FULL
Everything to do with life underwater; campers will discover the fish, plants, and archaeology of oceans, ponds, lakes, and rivers.
- Week 7: August 15-19: Mysteries of Egypt THIS CAMP IS FULL
Explore Ancient Egypt and discover what it would have been like to live in the desert long ago.
- Week 8: August 22-26: 5000 Years of Music and Art! THIS CAMP IS FULL
What did music sound like 5000 years ago? How did people decorate their homes? On Friday campers will create their own costumes and instruments for a concert performance!
- Week 9: August 29 – September 2: Adventures in Archaeology THIS CAMP IS FULL
This camp week will explore what it’s like to be an archaeologist for a week, campers will make their own versions of commonly found artifacts, participate in simulated excavations, explore some of the science behind archaeology and discover what it all means.
Availability last updated Thursday, July 28, 2:00pm
Download the PDF of 2016 Summer Camp Information Handbook (more information on weekly activities will be provided as they become available).
Register for the week or come for a couple of days!
- Museum Members: $30/day or $125/week
- Non Members: $35/day or $135/week
Combine March Break camp week with Summer Camp weeks to enjoy multi-week discounts!
Please note: Full payment is required prior to camp start date.
CLICK HERE to check out our photo gallery from past summers.