FAQ’s

Why Should I Adopt an Artifact?

Adopting an artifact allows you to connect with your favorite object and share your story about why you chose it. Your story will then be posted (with your permission) online with the artifact, allowing you to share with the community what this artifact means to you. Adopting an artifact can also;

• Create a unique gift for someone who ‘has everything’
• Provide a meaningful way to support MOA
• Give you a printable certificate of recognition and photo of the object

So I adopted an artifact, what’s next?

Camp_Volunteers_2012 (1)PGThank you for adopting an artifact. You will receive a certificate of adoption along with a picture of your artifact. If you chose to tell us why you adopted the artifact, we will upload your story to the “Adopt an Artifact” website.

 

 

How does adopting an artifact support MOA?

DSC_0631_editAdopting an artifact is the first step in support for the museum. All proceeds of the adoption will go to the care and maintenance of MOA’s collection. Your donation will provide equipment such as proper archival boxes for our artifacts, updated environmental controls and monitors, restoration of damaged ethnographic and archival objects, and continuation of our online collection. But most importantly, your donation will help sustain the knowledge, cultural appreciation, and significance of our collection for generations to come.

 

Why does MOA need to raise money?  I though you were funded by the University / Government?

We are thankful for the financial support MOA receives from Western University, the Province of Ontario, and the City of London.  Combined, this support accounts for only 25% of our annual operating budget.  The remaining 75% of the funding needed to serve our community and care for Ontario’s archaeological heritage must be raised through program fees, gift shop sales, project grants, and fundraising initiatives like our Adopt an Artifact program.  Thank you for supporting the museum.

What is the School Adoption Program?

DSC_0290 There are a selection of artifacts that are dedicated specifically for school groups and classes to adopt. This will allow the opportunity for a class to adopt an artifact as a project. Available artifacts are connected with the Ontario curriculum and have a story of significance to share with the class.

 

 

What are the benefits of each level of adoption?

The benefits vary depending on the price of adoption.

$50.00 Adoption

  • One year, non- exclusive, adoption of the artifact chosen
  • The opportunity to write a label explaining what the artifact means to you
  • Certificate of Adoption including artifact photograph
  • Name on the Adopt an Artifact Webpage
  • Charitable tax receipt for full amount

$100.00 Adoption

  • One year, non- exclusive, adoption of the artifact chosen
  • The opportunity to write a label explaining what the artifact means to you
  • Certificate of Adoption including artifact photograph
  • Name on the Adopt an Artifact Webpage
  • Charitable tax receipt for full amount OR $10 gift certificate for MOA gift shop/ programs and a charitable tax receipt for $90.00

$250.00 Adoption

  • One year, non- exclusive, adoption of the artifact chosen
  • The opportunity to write a label explaining what the artifact means to you
  • Certificate of Adoption including artifact photograph
  • Name on the Adopt an Artifact Webpage
  • Charitable tax receipt for full amount OR $20 gift certificate for MOA gift shop/ programs and a charitable tax receipt for $230.00
  • Name in the MOA Annual Report

$500.00 Adoption

  • One year, exclusive, adoption of the artifact chosen
  • The opportunity to write a label explaining what the artifact means to you
  • Certificate of Adoption including artifact photograph
  • Behind the scenes tour for 2 and opportunity to be photographed with the artifact
  • Name on the Adopt an Artifact Webpage
  • Charitable tax receipt for full amount OR $40 gift certificate for MOA gift shop/ programs and a charitable tax receipt for $460.00
  • Name in the MOA Annual Report
  • Name on MOA Gift Shop monitor

School Program Adoption

  • One year exclusive adoption of artifact(s) chosen.
  • The opportunity to write a label explaining why you chose to adopt this artifact
  • Name of school and grade of class on the Adopt an Artifact Webpage
  • Printable Certificate for the class and a picture of the Artifact
  • School and Class Name in the MOA Annual Report
  • School and Class Name on MOA Gift Shop monitor